June 5, 2009

Live Your Dream

I am happy to brag about my weaknesses. Then Christ's power can live in me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Robert D. Ballard is a man accustomed to looking for things other people have "lost." To date he has led or participated in nearly one hundred deep-sea expeditions. Among the "lost" things he has found are the R.M.S. Titanic, the German battleship Bismarck, and eleven warship that were part of a fleet lost at Guadalcanal.

Did Ballard find these ships on his first try? No. As he once said in a commencement address, "My first voyage to find the Titanic ended in failure. "My first expedition to find Bismarck failed as well. The test you must pass is not whether you fall down or not, but whether you can get back up."

Ballard also noted, "Every major adventure I have been on over the years has tested me severely with violent storms and lost equipment.... The hardest test of all... look to see how determined you are to live your dream, how strong is your heart."

If you truly believe that God has called you to teach, never let go of your dream. Always walk toward the next horizon. Consider failure only as an opportunity to regroup and strengthen yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment